Dear Family and Friends,
In less than two months we will celebrate our 50th anniversary at the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park, Colorado from Thursday, August 22 to Wednesday, August 28. We’ve reserved two lodges with beds for a total of 42 people. You are welcome for the whole time or however many days fit your schedule. Below is a link to your invitation and a registration form.
We can’t fully express how blessed we feel to have shared this life together and to have enjoyed so many dear family and friends through 50 years. The experiences and time we have shared are what life is all about. To us these relationships are more valuable than any amount of wealth, status or personal accomplishment.
Here’s an update on the initial plans for the celebration:
- Some of you have already responded, but there may have been changes and we’ll need some additional information. Below is the link to give us the specifics of your plans. You’ll also be able to see others’ plans in case you want to ride share from the airport or ride or send something with someone who is driving out.
- There will be time to enjoy the area on your own, but the YMCA also offers a multitude of activities you may want to participate in. The activity schedules/costs (if any) are available on line at YMCAROCKIES.ORG or by phone at 800-777-9622. Pre-scheduling is important because some activities are very popular and may not be available at the last minute.
- There will be a barbecue dinner for everyone outside the lodges on Friday evening, August 23, which is our actual anniversary.
- On Saturday, August 24, at 10 a.m. a group photo shoot is scheduled with the camp photographer. We hope everyone will be there.
- Following the photo, we’ll move to the chapel where Clay Oglesbee will lead us in renewing our marriage vows. The afternoon/evening will be open for activities you may choose.
- Note: There are full kitchens with 2 refrigerators in both of the lodges. We’ll purchase some basic continental breakfast supplies to have on hand. Other meals will be on your own. Bring your favorite beverages. There is a cafeteria where you can buy good food and snacks in the main building of the camp. Or you could bring in food to prepare and do some light food prep. They said the groceries in Estes Park are very expensive and suggested that shopping in the Denver area or Ft. Collins is a wise idea.
You are receiving this invitation because you are an important and loved part of our 50 year family story. We pray that you can join us. The link to respond is: 50th Anniversary Response Form
Blessings and love,
Lowery and Mary Ann