Dear Smith Family,
As most of you know, I like to plan family trips. This past weekend I reserved two resort locations in the Black Hills for July 2nd thru 5th at Blue Bell Lodge and Creekside cabin and bunk house at the Custer Game Lodge from July 5th through the 9th. Each of the locations can accommodate about 20. If we need more space we may be able to get other cabins but the sooner I can get your intentions the better.
At the Blue Bell lodge we will be staying in the Ponderosa cabin:
Great for family reunions or corporate retreats, this magnificent 3,150-square-foot cabin is the largest unit at Blue Bell Lodge.
- 4 separate bedrooms—3 of the bedrooms have 2 queen beds and the other bedroom has 1 king bed. Upper-level loft includes 2 Twin over Full Bunk beds. Living room area contains 2 queen sofa sleepers. Sleeps a maximum of 24 people.
- Roll-away and crib service available ($10/night).
- Sorry, no pets in this unit.
- Full kitchen with pots, pans, dishes, and utensils included.
- Full refrigerator/freezer, stove/oven, dishwasher, microwave, and telephone.
- Stone gas fireplace
- Back deck with outdoor furniture, propane grill, and outdoor fire pit.
- 5 bathrooms.
- List of included amenities.
- Total inventory: there’s only 1! (But check out CSP’s other Specialty Cabins)
The Creekside cabin and Bunk House is where our family stayed in 1990 when many of our grandchildren were very young. Some of our more senior family members are now gone. Some of you may recall the location:
Creekside Cabin and Bunkhouse
Great for family gatherings, this two-for-one rental has a bunkhouse separate from the cabin. Both units have their own bathroom. Let the kids stay together in the 9-bed bunkhouse while the adults sleep right next door. The cabin has a spacious living room with a wood-burning fireplace, moderately-sized full kitchen, and formal dining room. Sleeps a maximum of 18 people between both units.
Please respond if you believe you can make it. You don’t have to be with us the entire time but let us know what dates and location fit you best.
The School of Mines All Class Reunion will be during the week of July 5th through the 9th. This will involve hiking up M Hill to see if GP Lowery’s name is still on the giant “M” in the class of 1951.