August 10, 2019
Lowery and Mary Ann Smith 50th anniversary Agenda—August 22-28, 2019
- YMCA of the Rockies address
- 2515 Tunnel Road
- Estes Park, CO 80511
- Phone #–800-777-9622
- Arrival at Estes Park Center instructions (Not sure how this will work out, but these are the instructions for “general guests”. May not apply to our group). Check with Lowery (612-720-6569) or Mary Ann (612-720-1056)
- Check in: 6 PM or later
- Get Stay Pass wrist bands from group leader.
- Checkout time: 10 AM—If not checked out by 10 AM, a half day fee may be charged.
- Reunion Cabin—Sleeps up to 20—6 bedrooms
- Ranchhouse Cabin—Sleeps up to 20
- Come to these cabins to get your room and bed assignments
- Food arrangements:
- Breakfast and snacks will be available in the individual cabins. (Cereals, eggs, juice, toast)
- Lunch and evening meals can be purchased at Rustic Café, Pine Room Restaurant, or Pizza at Y’s Guys Pizza on YMCA grounds.
- Or, if individuals want to bring their own food there are complete cooking facilities and refrigerators in both cabins.
- Everyone is responsible for their own inventory and clean up.
- Major events on Friday and Saturday
- Friday Night–Family fun night—7:00-8:00 PM S’Mores-Friendship Fire Ring
- Saturday—Family Photos—10:00-11:00 AM—Photos by Dill
- Saturday—Renew Vows—11:00 AM-12:00 PM—Chapel
- Saturday—BBQ supper for all—7:00-?? PM at Reunion Cabin
INTERNET/CELL PHONE USAGE IS INTERMITTENT AT YMCA OF THE ROCKIES
Dear Family and Friends,
In less than two months we will celebrate our 50th anniversary at the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park, Colorado from Thursday, August 22 to Wednesday, August 28. We’ve reserved two lodges with beds for a total of 42 people. You are welcome for the whole time or however many days fit your schedule. Below is a link to your invitation and a registration form.
We can’t fully express how blessed we feel to have shared this life together and to have enjoyed so many dear family and friends through 50 years. The experiences and time we have shared are what life is all about. To us these relationships are more valuable than any amount of wealth, status or personal accomplishment.
90-year-old Lowery Smith makes fitness and his Y community a priority.
In June, Lowery Smith headed to Albuquerque, NM, for the National Senior Games. Lowery qualified at the 2018 Minnesota Senior Games to compete in four events at the National Senior Games: Discus, Shot Put, Singles Racquetball and Doubles Racquetball. And this isn’t his first time—he also competed in the same events at the 2017 National Senior Games.
This email is being sent to only family. We will soon be adding friends who we will invite. We want to be sure there will be a bed for all family members who want to join in our celebration.
Attached you will find a copy of our recent trip to see the facilities and layout for our “50 year anniversary celebration”. Look it over and let us know if you have any questions or thoughts.
Over the next 16 to 17 weeks you will be getting emails regarding various events. Here are some of our first plans: